This building has been home to several different enterprises, some run out of the premises at the same time!
In addition to serving liquor, there are records of The Fleece holding Balls, Meetings, Auctions and even Inquests!
In 1859 there is a report of the Mechanics Ball.
In March 1872 Country Blacksmiths held a meeting here.
In 1855 flats were to let.
It was not uncommon that a pub landlord would run two businesses from different rooms in the one building. Here we see that John Davison was running a butcher shop from the premises.