Denwick Bridge

As part of the landscaping of the North Demesne, the old road to Denwick, which ran along the northern bank of the Aln, was closed and a new road, Denwick Road, was built to the west of the gardens and a new bridge was built in 1766 to take this road over the river. The bridge was designed by Robert Mylne who was also responsible for London’s Blackfriars Bridge.

Leave a Reply