The Black Bull was at Number 14, Green Batt. The building exists on Wood’s map of 1827, but the earliest reference we have found under ths name is from 1840. It was rebuilt in the 1990’s. We have found no references as a pub later than 1976. Although the original building was demolished more than 20 years ago it is still Grade-2 listed by English Heritage as “Nos 12 and 14 Green Batt including No 15 Chapel Lane”. Number No 14 was described as early-mid C19 with late glazed sash windows with white shutters, a central 6 panel door and a door to through passage on left.