Grade II Listed: HE Record
This shop was once two establishments, Michael Pitt, a Milliner, Draper and Outfitter and G. Small, Ironmongers.
Michael Pitt became Pitt Brothers, known for the quality of their merchandise. They supplied uniforms for The Duchess’s Grammar School and The Duke’s Grammar School.
Turnbull’s butchers first traded on Clayport St in 1880 and moved to this building in the 1950s. They bought the Pitt Brothers drapery next door in the 1970s and extended their business to include a greengrocers and sandwich shop.