This building was once the Alnwick branch of the Pearl Assurance Company which opened here before 1939 and stayed until the 1990s.
The company was founded in 1857 as The Pearl Loan Company. It changed its name to The Pearl Assurance Company in 1914.
Here is the building before the shop window was added.
The building is now occupied by The Art of Beauty.